Willow in the Wayward Woods CutScenes
After spending a little more than 6 months on this game project, I am glad to say it’s finally completed.
I’m very grateful to receive feedback, but keep in mind that this is the first game I have ever created and that I am not a professional at coding or animation. Your feedback is still appreciated though.
Please visit the official website here http://adelvdwatt.wix.com/willowproject for more info.
A big thank you to the voice actors who did such an amazing job! My animation does not do you justice.
– Willow – Voiced by PKEmi (http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/member.php?15798-PKEmi#vmessage186447)
– Gilbert – Voiced by Cyphir (http://www.youtube.com/user/VACyphir)
– Anna-May – Voiced by Pickle131 (Sayuri Maebara) (http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/member.php?19056-pickle131 ) (http://sayurimaebara.co.nr)
– Mrs Dotty – Voiced by ~Kay (http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/member.php?22558-Kay)
– Mr Times – Voiced by Jalen K. Cassell (http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/member.php?22060-Jalen-K.-Cassell)
– Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/)
Some Tutorial Resources used
– e.d.Films (Daniel Gies) (https://vimeo.com/danielgies)
– Memory game (http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/10151-create-a-memory-game-with-actionscript/)
– John Bezanis for swfspot.com (http://www.bezzmedia.com/swfspot/tutorials/flash8/Hangman_Game)
– Flashthingy (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4cE07-GKK6cA8BPNBPR5Ow)
– Textures from lostandtaken.com
What was the project about?
It is the practical part of my B Tech degree which is about the motivational potentiality of story-infused (storyline with characters) interactive animations (essentially games) that help dyslexic children improve their literacy skills. Although it is based on my research report, it has not yet been tested.
Why is it so short? Why does the story stop short?
As I only had a year to do this project (both the theoretical and practical components included), I could only manage to create a “demo” version of a full game.
The idea is to get people (dyslexic children) interested in the story so that they would continue playing the game and so doing improve their literacy skills.
I might continue the story itself, but not the game. If I do continue the story it will be in a different format (such as a comic book).
Created using Flash, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. Took around 6 months to complete.
2013 © Adél v. d. Watt (http://apples-ishness.deviantart.com/). All rights reserved.