1. Photoshop – Took photo of surfer and cut surfer out. Then cut surfer out from surfboard. Then cut shorts out from surfer. Separated them all on 3 different layers. Painted the surfer and surfboard black while leaving the shorts alone and then added a white stroke to the surfer and not the board. Exported surfer as a .png alpha file.
2. Photoshop – Cut out photo of glass hang loose hand and then exported as .png.
3. After Effects – Imported and placed alpha water splash video, paint splatter, surfer, hang loose hand, background and concrete texture.
4. After Effects – Created a new white solid and resized it to make a white band over the concrete texture, and added a Multiply Blending Mode.
5. After Effects – Created a new layer and used generate radial ramp then added a Multiply Blending Mode to make a circular gradient black texture over the concrete texture.
6. After Effects – Added North Shore text with special font.
7. After Effects – Created a blue gradient on paint splash.
8. After Effects – Animated surfer, hang loose hand and text.
9. After Effects – Color corrected everything, then exported .mov file to FCP.