InDesign: How to Find Text by Location Using GREP (Video Tutorial)
In this InDesign how-to video, Erica Gamet shows how to use the power of GREP to find text based on its location—either within the paragraph or in relation to other text. Using this technique, she demos finding two digits following a decimal (so she can style the digits as superscript), highlighting the first 10 characters in a paragraph, and finding words that appear just before a question mark. GREP allows you to create expressions that can find patterns of text in your InDesign documents, and then style that text in some way automatically.
This video is an excerpt from the CreativePro course “Introduction to GREP for InDesign.” Learn more about the course here: https://creativepro.com/introduction-to-grep-for-indesign.
New videos every week!
🔌 CONNECT WITH US
CreativePro is the essential resource for design professionals. If you use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PowerPoint, or other professional design tools, you need to become a CreativePro member!
• Access to thousands of valuable tutorial and tip articles
• Downloadable resources including templates, fonts, scripts, design assets, cheat sheets, ebooks, and more
• 12 monthly issues of CreativePro Magazine, filled with practical, real-world tutorials written by experts
• CreativePro Weekly and InDesign Tip of the Week newsletters
• Discounts on events and books
⭐️Sign up now:
🔔 Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more tips
💡Sign up to receive the InDesign Tip of the Week newsletter
🚀 Increase your productivity by attending a CreativePro Event
🤯 Learn mind-blowing tips, techniques, and best practices at CreativePro Week
👉 Visit our website