AFTER EFFECT & PHOTOSHOP Tutorial | Wiggle Text Effect
DAFONT Link for the ART BRUSH FONT : http://www.dafont.com/fr/artbrush.font
Hello everyone !
Here is my first video tutorial that will aim to explain to beginners how to make this wiggle text effect that Abe Kislevitz use in his video The roadtrip !
In an article on his website he already detailed the big step of this effect, but having never touched after effect before I had a little trouble keeping up , so I decided to make a video tutorial. This is my first one ! Hope it could help !
Here is some steps:
I – PHOTOSHOP Tutorial
1) Create a new large file
2) Type your text with a cool font in order to use it as a guideline
3) Create a new layer and handwrite ( I USE A TABLET ) over the text your word/logo….
4) Repeat 3-4 times(on different layer) the step 3
5) Save each handwrite text layer as a PNG file to keep transparency
II – After Effect Tutorial
HOW TO LOOP YOUR EFFECT
1) Create a Composition “Original”
2) Drag&Drop your 4 PNG file
3) Put them one after the other (about 3 FRAME by PNG file) and make sure it perfectly fit the lengh of the comp (modify it if necessary, it’s important for the next steps)
4) Create a new comp (about 20sec) “Loop”
5) Drag&Drop the “Original” into
6) Enable time remap & Add Expression : loop_out(“cycle”,0) // it’s a zero
7) Extend your Original layer
HOW TO WRITE ON EFFECT
8) Grab the brush tool (big size, Normal, Alpha, Write On)
9) Scribble on your text (make sure to cover everything you see and don’t see)
10) On Effetc-Brush-Stroke Option, key frame the Start begin at 0% and the Start End (about 1sec) at 100%
11) Delete the keyframes on the End Timeline
HOW TO RENDER
12) Make sure to render with RGB+Alpha ( it keep transparency) . I use Quicktime Format
And that’s it !