2D Animation Reel
Here’s my first 2D reel, comprised of a collection of animation and music-based projects made mainly in Flash and After Effects.
Breakdown of shots:
1. Ain’t That a Kick in the Head Kinetic Typography- Creating moving text that synced to music in After Effects. The full project can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_NxVC1Du4
2. Girl Walking- This scene was created in Flash, containing both traditional and symbol based animation.
3. Dog running- This was animated traditionally in Photoshop, and the looping background was done in After Effects.
4. Orange Character- Every scene with the “Character Animation” inscription at the bottom was done as a group project, so character and background design was done by other members of our team. To find the full video, as well as the others who worked on it, please follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1ouF6ObLY (it’s a good watch)
5. Stained Glass- This project was completed in After Effects, with the artwork created in Illustrator and Photoshop. It was meant to be a ending credit sequence for the game ‘Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.’ The full video can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hybPYTUlus
6. Black and White Noir- Created in Flash and Photoshop, and animated in After Effects.